FW: [PathOfHealth] Teleconference #6: Monoeating, Fasting, and Self-Love (FREE, 9/13)

  • Joy King
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      FYI

      Joy
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Elchanan [mailto:Elchanan@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 4:56 AM
      To: PathOfHealth@yahoogroups.com; RawFood
      Subject: [PathOfHealth] Teleconference #6: Monoeating, Fasting, and Self-Love (FREE, 9/13)

      Greetings everyone!

      We are pleased to announce our next FREE teleconference on Wednesday evening, September 13Everyone is invited to participate!

      DATE: Wednesday evening, September 13, 2006 CE
      TIME: 8:30 PM EDT / 5:30 PM PDT
      DURATION: Approx. 90 minutes
      COST: FREE
      RSVP: See details below

      THEME
      : Monoeating, Fasting, and Self-Love

      DESCRIPTION
      Many people express confusion about monoeating, monomeals, fasting in various forms, and "cleanses". Though extensive written materials exist about these topics, we have found none that provides a comprehensive foundation without coming from a strongly biased perspective. As a result, many people find it difficult to learn from the experiences -- successes and mistakes -- of those who have already traveled this road.

      During this teleconference, we share an unusual conceptual framework based upon faith (but not any particular religious or spiritual viewpoint), trust, and self-love, and we offer a foundation of organizing principles that bring clarity and simplicity to this group of topics. In particular:

      - We explore the respective motivations for eating monomeals and even a monodiet at times.

      - We create a framework for understanding fasting, and for distinguishing between fasting on water vs. other approaches.

      - We examine the fundamental distinctions between fasting and what people commonly call "cleanses".

      We then examine the stages involved in a fast of any substantive duration and discuss specific choices and actions that foster successful (and unsuccessful) fasting.

      Our intention is to provide, within the time available, a coherent basis upon which participants can form their own conclusions and gain a sense of confidence and self-reliance making relevant choices.
      We offer several unusual perspectives, even for those familiar with these topics. We hope you'll join us!
      ____________ _________ _________
      As always, our goal is simple: to share from our own success, so that others may experience similar success. Over time, we hope to foster and nurture, along with others, a healthful and uplifting sense of connection and community with all who choose to share together in this way.

      We will not be selling anything, no books, tapes, workshops, or anything else. All of this is simply a personal, private gift we wish to share with anyone who wishes to receive it. We will (attempt to) record the teleconference, and we will give a copy of this recording to all participants, for their private, personal use only. Our policy in this regard is explained more fully in the RSVP autoreply we send you when you RSVP for the teleconference.

      Unless you ask us  to do so, we will not store your name or email address anywhere (except perhaps our spam whitelists). If you wish us to add your name and email address to our teleconference email list, please feel free to let us know in your RSVP message or at any other time by writing to us at Opt-In@PathOfHealth .orgOr, join our PathOfHealth Yahoo group to participate in an ongoing inquiry about health and well-being.

      FORMAT: Presentation, with questions interspersed along the way
      MAX PARTICIPANTS: 96

      RSVP:  RSVP@PathOfHealth. org   (NOT via the Yahoo group, please)
                    (In case Yahoo ate the above, it's: "RSVP @ PathOfHealth dot org",
                    only remove the spaces and change "dot" to a period.)

                    NOTE 1: If you do not receive an automated response within a few minutes,
                    please send a brief message to BobFarrell @ PathOfHealth dot org.
                    (Remove the spaces and change "dot" to a period.)

                    NOTE 2:  If you RSVP separately for the monoeating/fasting, experiential
                    program, you are automatically signed up for this teleconference. You need
                    not RSVP twice.

      Best to all,
      Bob Farrell and Elchanan