Re: Raw toddlers need your help......

  • Laurie Sanders
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18 11:26 PM
      Julie,

      I have a 2 1/2 year old. Can you share with me what kinds of raw
      food your child eats? I need some ideas!

      Thanks,
      Laurie Sanders
    • Julie Machen
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19 7:38 AM
        Laurie-

        http://www.radiantchildren.com
        is a great resource. The ebook has recipes that we use
        daily. Puddings and nut blends mostly.

        http://www.rawliving.co.uk/
        kate wood has raised her children raw also. her book
        has good recipes too-pancakes, puddings.

        I like the puddings because I can hide greens in them!

        Lots of times it's just a lot of cut up fruits/veggies
        and sprouted nuts. I do give him manna bread sometimes
        sprouted hemp seed bread. Maya and Lara bars or the
        organic raw bars at trader joes are great for keeping
        in the diaper bag for easy on the go snacks.

        It's very difficult to keep things like fish crackers
        off the radar when other kids have them. This is why I
        volunteered to do snacks for 50 kids! I want Noah to
        see his peers eating what he eats. I want better
        nutrition for his peers so they are flourishing as
        well.

        Good luck and let me know if you ever want to get
        together. I think it's so important to have friends
        that are of like mind on this.

        julie

        --- Laurie Sanders <sandersfamily@...> wrote:

        > Julie,
        >
        > I have a 2 1/2 year old. Can you share with me
        > what kinds of raw
        > food your child eats? I need some ideas!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Laurie Sanders

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Julie Machen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30 9:12 AM
          laurie here's a recipe that my toddler gobbled up. I
          was shocked.

          1 beet grated
          1 apple grated
          1 carrot grated
          1/2 cup purple cabbage grated
          2 tblsp sprouted sunflower seeds
          2tsp olive oil
          1 tbslp lemon juice or orange juice
          1 tsp honey
          small handful of dried fruit...raisins, currants or
          cranberries

          I hope it's met with approval at your house too! One
          never can tell with these little people.

          http://mail.yahoo.com