Raw toddlers need your help......

  • Julie Machen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17 3:04 PM
      Hello everyone-

      My son is starting preschool next month at a lovely
      montessori in SE Portland. I have met with the head of
      the school to volunteer doing raw snacks for the
      children. I'm so pleased to report that the principal
      of the school is so excited by this and feels it's so
      important that she is willing to find the money to do
      it. That being said we'd like to put the money toward
      the food and so I was hoping to procure equiptment at
      a savings.

      The school is a non-profit so donating would be tax
      deductable. If you have one of the following for a
      price we'll try to do thyat too.

      9 tray dehydrator
      vita mix
      food processor

      If there are any snack recipes that children go crazy
      for I'd appreciate those as well.

      Thank you so much for any and all responses. You're
      making a contribution to the future with these little
      people.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Laurie Sanders
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18 11:26 PM
        Julie,

        I have a 2 1/2 year old. Can you share with me what kinds of raw
        food your child eats? I need some ideas!

        Thanks,
        Laurie Sanders
      • Julie Machen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19 7:38 AM
          Laurie-

          http://www.radiantchildren.com
          is a great resource. The ebook has recipes that we use
          daily. Puddings and nut blends mostly.

          http://www.rawliving.co.uk/
          kate wood has raised her children raw also. her book
          has good recipes too-pancakes, puddings.

          I like the puddings because I can hide greens in them!

          Lots of times it's just a lot of cut up fruits/veggies
          and sprouted nuts. I do give him manna bread sometimes
          sprouted hemp seed bread. Maya and Lara bars or the
          organic raw bars at trader joes are great for keeping
          in the diaper bag for easy on the go snacks.

          It's very difficult to keep things like fish crackers
          off the radar when other kids have them. This is why I
          volunteered to do snacks for 50 kids! I want Noah to
          see his peers eating what he eats. I want better
          nutrition for his peers so they are flourishing as
          well.

          Good luck and let me know if you ever want to get
          together. I think it's so important to have friends
          that are of like mind on this.

          julie

          --- Laurie Sanders <sandersfamily@...> wrote:

          > Julie,
          >
          > I have a 2 1/2 year old. Can you share with me
          > what kinds of raw
          > food your child eats? I need some ideas!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Laurie Sanders

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Julie Machen
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30 9:12 AM
            laurie here's a recipe that my toddler gobbled up. I
            was shocked.

            1 beet grated
            1 apple grated
            1 carrot grated
            1/2 cup purple cabbage grated
            2 tblsp sprouted sunflower seeds
            2tsp olive oil
            1 tbslp lemon juice or orange juice
            1 tsp honey
            small handful of dried fruit...raisins, currants or
            cranberries

            I hope it's met with approval at your house too! One
            never can tell with these little people.

            http://mail.yahoo.com