Holy Chow: now serving

  • Kerry Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2004
      Hi Everybody!
      The good folks at Omega Gardens have invited me to serve up some
      raw loving at their cafe and I am thrilled to deliver.
      Holy Chow uses organic ingredients to create high-vibrational,
      low-glycemic foods that are enzyme rich and vibrantly fresh.
      This menu is in addition to the Omega deli. Go ahead and bring
      in your non-raw friends. There's something for everyone.

      Peace and namaste!

      Kerry

      H O L Y C H O W
      organic:raw:vegan

      Now serving dinner
      Monday through Thursday

      6 – 8p

      Omega Gardens Café
      (next to Daily Grind)
      4036 SE Hawthorne
      Portland, Oregon

      RSVP: 503. 232. 8859

      Monday:

      Rustic Italian Pizza with Spinach Sprout Salad $8

      Creamy Red Pepper Soup $5

      Tuesday:

      Nori Roll-Ups with Pistachio Dipping Sauce $8

      Miso Noodle Soup $5

      Wednesday:

      Vegetables Noodles with Pad Thai Sauce $8

      Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup $5

      Thursday:

      Cauliflower Cous-Cous with Chapati Flat Bread $8

      Green Goddess Soup $5

      Dessert

      Pear Tartlet $6
    • grouppastime
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        Is everything raw at holy chow? Or just a few items. Its
        hard to believe that the soup and pizza are completely
        raw. And the bread, it that raw? Im curious to know how
        many people went to the monthly raw food feast. How was it?
        What were some of the dishes?
      • Jaramillo Kerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004

          Hi,

               Last night was the premier of Holy Chow dinners at Omega Gardens.  It went well and was a lot of fun.  The menu can be found it in its entirety at www.holy-chow.com
               Omega Gardens Cafe isn't raw, Holy Chow is.  The cafe is hosting Holy Chow in addition to their usual deli offering.
               It may seem unlikely but, yes, the pizza is raw.  As raw as rustic, Italian pizza can be.  The crust is dehydrated.  For a purists, this is borderline.  The temperature is low so the enzyme loss is  minimal.  The idea behind Holy Chow is to keep the food as high on the vibration scale as possible while being easy on digestion.
              The soups are completely raw.  There's no bread but there are some really yummy crackers served with it.  By the way, the soups won't be offered till next week.
               It's recommended that you call ahead to reserve a meal, for either in house or to-go.  Hope this answers your questions.

          Namaste,

                       Kerry J.  aka "Holy Chow Girl"

          Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as $29.95/month.