medicinal herb walk Wednesday, June 26 at 12:30

  • growingraw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2006
      At the first meeting of the raw food discussion group, members voted
      over whelmingly for a wild edible food walk and a medicinal herb
      walk. While the weather is still sunny and dry, I scheduled a
      medicinal herb walk for our next meeting, Wednesday, June 26 at
      12:30. Please arrive promptly upstairs in the Community Room of
      People's Food Coop on 21 Avenue SE @ Tibbett SE. We will wait 15
      minutes and then commence the herb walk. We will be walking around
      the neighborhood of People's Food. For late arrivals, you may see us
      walking within a several block radius before we walk further out.

      If it rains, Kwah will lecture on medicinal herbs in the Community
      Room. Kwah may not go all the way to 3 pm. If there is time at the
      end, we will discuss raw food.

      Kwah is a herbalist from the east coast and an employee of People's
      Food Coop.

      I have asked another herbalist and one of our own members to lead a
      wild edible walk and am waiting for their response.

      I will ask at the next meeting if there is an interest in a seaweed
      harvest walk.

      During our first meeting, the video with the highest vote was Grow
      Your Own Greens by Loreta Vainius. This is good timing as summer
      time is the easiest time to germinate seeds. I will schedule the
      video after the wild edible walk and/or seaweed walk.

      Our group also voted to watch the videos Cancer & Diet by John
      Sherman, ND, Cancer Does Not Scare Me Anyone, Herbal Remedies from
      your Garden and Weeds to the Wise by Susun Weed.

      Our group voted to listen to an audio CD on cavities recorded at a
      raw food workshop. Pamela kindly offered to bring the CD.

      The topics of most interest to our group are healing cancer with a
      raw diet, cavities and raw diet, forming a lending library of books,
      videos and DVDs. '

      The group remains open to new suggestions.

      I will attempt to alternate videos and audio CDs with walks and
      discussions.

      Lauren