Finally... A Chaco Canyon Dinner!!

  • Chaco Canyon Cafe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2006
      Hello Patient Patrons of Chaco Canyon,

      The blazing overcast skies of summer have awoken us from our winter slumbers here at Chaco Canyon and have prompted us to put together our first Special Dinner in 8 months.  Remember when we used to have these every month?  For those of you new to the family, we occasionally like to throw lavish 4-course Raw Dinners that are fancier than our normal fare, in order to treat special people like yourself to a unique night out.  This dinner will be in 2 weeks, on Saturday July 29th from 5:30pm - 9pm.  Reservations are a must!

      Our inspiration, of course, is all the fresh local produce that is pouring down to us from across the mountains: Heirloom Tomatoes, Cucumber, Zucchini, Mint, Basil, Honeydew, Watermelon, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries.... exciting times!

      Our fabulous chef duet of Lois and Heather have put together an enticing array of items to choose from.

      Tomato or Cucumber Gazpacho
      Classic Spanish Soup with Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado and Fresh Herbs

      Seattle Summer Salad
      Full Circle Farm Mixed Greens in a Columbia River Cherry Vinaigrette, with Seasonal Berries and Edible Flowers

      Floating Lotus
       Garlic Sunflower Pate, Diced Cucumber, Marinated Onions, rolled in Zucchini Parchment
      and served on a bed of Clover and Alfalfa with Bright Lemon Vinaigrette

      Fabulous Basil Cheesecake
      Basil-Cashew Cheesecake with Almond Crust and Sweet Basil Sauce

      Seasonal Fruit Parfait
      Fresh Northwest Berries layered in a Rich Nut Creme, topped with a dash of Nutmeg and Cinnamon

      $25 per person

      We are now taking reservations, with seating available from 5:30pm to 9pm.  Reserve early, as our dinners typically sell out!  To make a reservation, either call us at (206)522-6966, or email the following information to us at chacocanyoncafe@...

      1. Your name

      2. Your party size

      3. The time you wish to attend

      4. Your phone number

      5. Any dietary restrictions or allergies

      Thank you all very, very much for your support and we will see you soon!

      Chris, Lois, Kelda, Heather, Dane, Chelan, Cameron, Jeff, Tim, Karu, Suzy, Marah and the Other Chris

      ****

      Vote for Veggie Options
      NWSource (a project of the Seattle Times & Seattle P.I.) is having a "best of Seattle" poll.  Check out the website & vote for your favorite vegetarian pick!  And don't just vote in the vegetarian category - go to the other categories & vote (or write in) the veggie option (for example, you can vote for Mighty O in the doughnuts category).  Get the word out about how great veggie options are!

      --
      Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe
      Corner of 50th and Brooklyn

      Monday - Friday  8am to 8pm
      Saturday - Sunday  10am - 4pm
      (we open at 9am on Saturdays when the Farmer's Market is on)
    • Annette
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2006
        If there's you can't wait until the Raw Spirit Retreat to have some of
        Chaco Canyon's fabulous food, I'd like to drive up for this dinner.
        Perhaps you'd like to ride along. Please let me know and I'll make a
        reservation for us.

        Annette