Re: [RawPortland] Digest Number 28

  • tcce@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
      To those who responded in this group,

      Thank you for your warm welcome. I think Ani must have sent me information about this group. I thank her if she did . We tried to connect one night for dinner with Ani but my husband became violently ill and we had to cancell at the last minute. I am anxious to try again. In fact, when we were in Portland we were by one of the health food stores there and grabbed several brownies and other treats.

      My husband Michael and I tried the Calandula Cafe for dinner Thursday. We split one of everything (except dessert). We had the cucumber soup and dehydrated flax seed crackers, a pear salad, and the spinach salad with warmed oil and vinager on top rather than the hot dressing they use. The spinace salad was good. Next was the torte (spelling?). I loved it but it was too rich for Michael. We enjoyed the raw pasta primavara but I wished it had more mushrooms, onions and sundried tomatoes. Last but definately best of all was dessert. There was a nut crust with a pudding type filling that was cocoanut with slices of banana and fresh cut mango on top. YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I was thinking if one wanted to eat raw at the Calandula I bet they could call in their special order (like not wanting the Nama Shoyu in their dishes) It would be worth a try.

      We will try some of the other places recommended as we get back up to Portland.

      Have a great day,
      Tammy

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Helen Hecker
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2004
        To Tammy- re: Celndula--were those dishes all raw and listed on the menu ?