Summer Newsletter from RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com

  • vegwriter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006

      RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com's
      Summer 2006 Newsletter

      For a free subscription
       visit www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com

      In this issue:

      1. Editorial: A recent New York Times article said that babies do best on breast milk. We believe that's because mother's milk is a raw food, and is body temperature, with its enzymes intact; breastfeeding babies are therefore not drinking pasteurized (cooked) formula! The mainstream media and science haven't realized this yet.

      2. ESSAY: Author Karen Ranzi on the passion that inspired her to write her book, Creating Healthy Children, about raising raw kids.

      3. ESSAY: Our correspondent Norm, a.k.a., kelpguy, writes a travelogue for raw foodists visiting Central and South America.

      4. JOIN US! Add yourself to our brand new Map of Raw Foodists Worldwide. Let's show cooked food eaters how many of us there are!

      5. KUDOS: Congrats to the NYC raw restaurant Bonobo's for being chosen as one of the top 10 vegetarian restaurants in the US by Alternative Medicine Magazine (Our friends at Bonobo's don't monkey around!)

      6. ACTION ITEM: The Organic Consumers Association urges us to sign a petition asking the USDA not to approve a genetically engineered plum variety. The OCA says if the approval goes through, it will "guarantee the widespread genetic contamination of conventional and organic stone fruit varieties, including plums, peaches, cherries, and apricots."

      ----->And now, a few words from one of our sponsors, Gopal's Organic Raw Foods

      ("I'm addicted to their Mexican Power Wraps!"
      --Judy Pokras, founder/editor, RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com)

      Since 2002 Gopal's has been manufacturing some of the finest organic raw food energy snacks. We at Gopal's make more than 20 products, ranging from bars to raw cookies. Want something unique? Try our Power Wrap, a very snackable nori-wrapped paste of sprouted sunflower and pumpkin seeds and spices. Available in five flavors. Call 1-866-646-7257 to place your order. Mention promo code JP0806 to get our $12 sampler package special, which includes delivery, featuring your choice of:

      One Nature's Gift Raw Cookie
      One Brownie or Veggie Cracker
      One Power Wrap
      and One Bar

      Mentioning the promo code will also get you a five percent discount--valid through August 31--on orders of at least 24 items. Prices range from $1.80 to $2.89 for most items. Visit GopalsHealthFoods.com for more product details. (Don't forget to use the code, JP0806.)

      ASK US how you can be a sponsor and help RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com deliver the raw foods message to more people.