Re: [RawPortland] Re: Group activities

  • Betty
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
      I am into firming and toning and not doing heavy
      weight lifting. I also thought of taking yoga for
      flexibility.

      Love,
      Prism

      --- grouppastime <grouppastime@...> wrote:
      > I used to lift weights back in high school. When i
      > realized the havoc
      > it was doing to my body i stopped lifting.
      > Fibromyalgia is one
      > consequence that can be caused by weights. An
      > immediate effect is
      > over exertion of the body to circulate enough blood
      > for the lifting
      > of usually heavy weights. Stretch marks are another
      > effect that can
      > happen over time. It also decreases ones flexibility
      > due to the
      > aberrant increase in size of muscles. This increases
      > the chance of
      > injury in daily activity. Feet problem can occur and
      > back damage is
      > almost a guarantee. Hopefully i persuaded you not
      > begin weight
      > lifting.
      >
      > I have been to Laurelhurst Park a few time and am
      > impressed by its
      > sized and beauty. I would probably go there more
      > often if i lived
      > closer. It sounds like a pleasant place to have a
      > raw food picnic.
      >
      > Leif

    • grouppastime
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
        Yoga is definitely good for flexibility. Pilates can be good for
        firming and toning.
      • williamsonlori
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten" <prismkitten@y...>
          wrote:

          Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go? Weight room that is.
          Let me know...
          I need to get back into working out again- in what capacity that
          happens I do not know.

          lori williamson

          > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to Mt. Scott's
          weight
          > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but hesitate to get
          into
          > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know how to use many of
          > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all I don't like
          > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going sometimes let me
          know.

          > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my little doggie..I
          > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck pond, and then
          > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a little raw food
          > picnic maybe.
          >
          > Love,
          > Prism
          > (Betty)
        • Betty
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
            Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
            you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
            discount.

            I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
            weight room on a consistant basis.

            Love,
            Prism

            --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
            > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
            > <prismkitten@y...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
            > Weight room that is.
            > Let me know...
            > I need to get back into working out again- in what
            > capacity that
            > happens I do not know.
            >
            > lori williamson
            >

            > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
            > Mt. Scott's
            > weight
            > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
            > hesitate to get
            > into
            > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
            > how to use many of
            > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
            > I don't like
            > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
            > sometimes let me
            > know.
            > >
            > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
            > little doggie..I
            > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
            > pond, and then
            > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
            > little raw food
            > > picnic maybe.
            > >
            > > Love,
            > > Prism
            > > (Betty)

          • L W
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
              that is not too expensive- i would go into the weight room with you.
              it may be kinda sporadic since i am on call but it sounds like fun.

              :)

              Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
              you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
              discount.

              I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
              weight room on a consistant basis.

              Love,
              Prism

              --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
              > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
              > <prismkitten@y...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
              > Weight room that is.
              > Let me know...
              > I need to get back into working out again- in what
              > capacity that
              > happens I do not know.
              >
              > lori williamson
              >

              > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
              > Mt. Scott's
              > weight
              > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
              > hesitate to get
              > into
              > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
              > how to use many of
              > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
              > I don't like
              > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
              > sometimes let me
              > know.
              > >
              > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
              > little doggie..I
              > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
              > pond, and then
              > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
              > little raw food
              > > picnic maybe.
              > >
              > > Love,
              > > Prism
              > > (Betty)

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/6iHolB/TM

            • Betty
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                Ok, that's sounds fine with me. Do you know how to use
                the machines..for arms, legs, etc.? It's probably
                fairly simple and there are instructions and usually a
                person that helps out in there.

                How does Saturday sound to you or even Sunday as it's
                open then.

                Love,
                Prism