Re: Group activities

  • grouppastime
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      I used to lift weights back in high school. When i realized the havoc
      it was doing to my body i stopped lifting. Fibromyalgia is one
      consequence that can be caused by weights. An immediate effect is
      over exertion of the body to circulate enough blood for the lifting
      of usually heavy weights. Stretch marks are another effect that can
      happen over time. It also decreases ones flexibility due to the
      aberrant increase in size of muscles. This increases the chance of
      injury in daily activity. Feet problem can occur and back damage is
      almost a guarantee. Hopefully i persuaded you not begin weight
      lifting.

      I have been to Laurelhurst Park a few time and am impressed by its
      sized and beauty. I would probably go there more often if i lived
      closer. It sounds like a pleasant place to have a raw food picnic.

      Leif
    • Betty
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
        I am into firming and toning and not doing heavy
        weight lifting. I also thought of taking yoga for
        flexibility.

        Love,
        Prism

        --- grouppastime <grouppastime@...> wrote:
        > I used to lift weights back in high school. When i
        > realized the havoc
        > it was doing to my body i stopped lifting.
        > Fibromyalgia is one
        > consequence that can be caused by weights. An
        > immediate effect is
        > over exertion of the body to circulate enough blood
        > for the lifting
        > of usually heavy weights. Stretch marks are another
        > effect that can
        > happen over time. It also decreases ones flexibility
        > due to the
        > aberrant increase in size of muscles. This increases
        > the chance of
        > injury in daily activity. Feet problem can occur and
        > back damage is
        > almost a guarantee. Hopefully i persuaded you not
        > begin weight
        > lifting.
        >
        > I have been to Laurelhurst Park a few time and am
        > impressed by its
        > sized and beauty. I would probably go there more
        > often if i lived
        > closer. It sounds like a pleasant place to have a
        > raw food picnic.
        >
        > Leif

      • grouppastime
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
          Yoga is definitely good for flexibility. Pilates can be good for
          firming and toning.
        • williamsonlori
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
            --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten" <prismkitten@y...>
            wrote:

            Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go? Weight room that is.
            Let me know...
            I need to get back into working out again- in what capacity that
            happens I do not know.

            lori williamson

            > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to Mt. Scott's
            weight
            > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but hesitate to get
            into
            > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know how to use many of
            > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all I don't like
            > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going sometimes let me
            know.

            > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my little doggie..I
            > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck pond, and then
            > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a little raw food
            > picnic maybe.
            >
            > Love,
            > Prism
            > (Betty)
          • Betty
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
              Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
              you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
              discount.

              I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
              weight room on a consistant basis.

              Love,
              Prism

              --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
              > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
              > <prismkitten@y...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
              > Weight room that is.
              > Let me know...
              > I need to get back into working out again- in what
              > capacity that
              > happens I do not know.
              >
              > lori williamson
              >

              > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
              > Mt. Scott's
              > weight
              > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
              > hesitate to get
              > into
              > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
              > how to use many of
              > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
              > I don't like
              > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
              > sometimes let me
              > know.
              > >
              > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
              > little doggie..I
              > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
              > pond, and then
              > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
              > little raw food
              > > picnic maybe.
              > >
              > > Love,
              > > Prism
              > > (Betty)

            • L W
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                that is not too expensive- i would go into the weight room with you.
                it may be kinda sporadic since i am on call but it sounds like fun.

                :)

                Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
                you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
                discount.

                I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
                weight room on a consistant basis.

                Love,
                Prism

                --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
                > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
                > <prismkitten@y...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
                > Weight room that is.
                > Let me know...
                > I need to get back into working out again- in what
                > capacity that
                > happens I do not know.
                >
                > lori williamson
                >

                > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
                > Mt. Scott's
                > weight
                > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
                > hesitate to get
                > into
                > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
                > how to use many of
                > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
                > I don't like
                > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
                > sometimes let me
                > know.
                > >
                > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
                > little doggie..I
                > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
                > pond, and then
                > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
                > little raw food
                > > picnic maybe.
                > >
                > > Love,
                > > Prism
                > > (Betty)

                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/6iHolB/TM

              • Betty
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                  Ok, that's sounds fine with me. Do you know how to use
                  the machines..for arms, legs, etc.? It's probably
                  fairly simple and there are instructions and usually a
                  person that helps out in there.

                  How does Saturday sound to you or even Sunday as it's
                  open then.

                  Love,
                  Prism