Re: [RawPortland] Raw Foods Meetup Group

  • Helen Hecker
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2006
      THe Rose Festival parade is that morning-- are you sure that's a good time?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
        Yeah it may not be optimal since its likely that downtown will be a
        zoo on Saturday but its likely that at least a few people will be
        there. I'd like to figure out times/places that are convenient for
        more people and I'm very open to meeting more frequently than once a
        month. Lets collaborate and figure out when we can bring a big group
        together. For me, weekends are the best time to meet.

        Jim
      • Helen Hecker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
          Parking will be nil though. I wouldn't attempt it myself.
          Yeah it may not be optimal since its likely that downtown will be a
          zoo on Saturday but its likely that at least a few people will be
          there. I'd like to figure out times/places that are convenient for
          more people and I'm very open to meeting more frequently than once a
          month. Lets collaborate and figure out when we can bring a big group
          together. For me, weekends are the best time to meet.

          Jim

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Victoria Irene Ivy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
            To all those complaining about the location and
            getting there, it is on the streetcar line and
            several frequent bus routes, not to mention within the
            fareless square. Not everybody lives on the East
            side. Victoria

            --- Helen Hecker <twinpeak@...> wrote:

            > Parking will be nil though. I wouldn't attempt it
            > myself.

            Victoria Irene Ivy
            Environmental Educator
            (503) 227-4681

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Helen Hecker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
              Many of us live outside of Portland! trying to get thru the parade traffic
              is impossible! been there --done that! why does it have to compete with the
              festival crowd? Not very considerate of others-- rather selfish. I am no
              longer interested-- 7 year raw fooder!