Re: [RawPortland] Anyone doing wild foods this spring?

  • ben lepp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2006
      Try wild mustard, wild fennel, wild garlic,
      pepperweed, winter cress(their season is past) ,water
      cress (be sure that the water source is clean), braken
      fern fiddleheads, miners lettuce, wild radish greens,
      purslane, and my relabale favorite lambsquarters.

      For urban grazing, don't overlook squash leaves and
      blossoms, pansy flowers, any flowers from the mustard
      family (Brassicas)

      For seasoning from the urban jungles of Portland, Try
      rosmary, sage, thyme, oregano, nastursham leaves and
      their flowers, and many varieties of mints.

      http://mail.yahoo.com