Re: [RawPortland] Anyone doing wild foods this spring?

  • Janna Blake-Allan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3 1:41 AM
      Janet wrote...

      "I used to teach wild edible, medicinal useful plant classes..."<snip>

      If you are willing to teach a class...or take a group on a field walk...I would like to participate! Let me know!

      Janna (360) 573-1028

    • ben lepp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3 9:03 AM
        Try wild mustard, wild fennel, wild garlic,
        pepperweed, winter cress(their season is past) ,water
        cress (be sure that the water source is clean), braken
        fern fiddleheads, miners lettuce, wild radish greens,
        purslane, and my relabale favorite lambsquarters.

        For urban grazing, don't overlook squash leaves and
        blossoms, pansy flowers, any flowers from the mustard
        family (Brassicas)

        For seasoning from the urban jungles of Portland, Try
        rosmary, sage, thyme, oregano, nastursham leaves and
        their flowers, and many varieties of mints.

        http://mail.yahoo.com