Re: [RawPortland] Anyone doing wild foods this spring?

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2 10:19 PM
      Hi,
      I used to teach wild edible, medicinal useful plant classes. There are a lot
      of favorites around here... Salal berries, Oregon grape berries (very
      sour,makes a yummy "lemonade") ... good luck with a field guide... lauren
      may instigate a wild plant walk... shell probably talk me into it!

      I;d be happy to help.
      Janet

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3 1:41 AM
        Janet wrote...

        "I used to teach wild edible, medicinal useful plant classes..."<snip>

        If you are willing to teach a class...or take a group on a field walk...I would like to participate! Let me know!

        Janna (360) 573-1028

      • ben lepp
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3 9:03 AM
          Try wild mustard, wild fennel, wild garlic,
          pepperweed, winter cress(their season is past) ,water
          cress (be sure that the water source is clean), braken
          fern fiddleheads, miners lettuce, wild radish greens,
          purslane, and my relabale favorite lambsquarters.

          For urban grazing, don't overlook squash leaves and
          blossoms, pansy flowers, any flowers from the mustard
          family (Brassicas)

          For seasoning from the urban jungles of Portland, Try
          rosmary, sage, thyme, oregano, nastursham leaves and
          their flowers, and many varieties of mints.

          http://mail.yahoo.com