RE: [RawPortland] Digest Number 493

  • Virginia Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hi Everyone -

      I had volunteered to make the flyer for the Raw Portland community; however,
      my duties with the Raw Spirit Retreat (I'm on the core team), plus some
      travel time, etc., have taken priority over this effort. I encourage all of
      you who are interested in attending the Raw Spirit Retreat in Molalla, OR
      from August 30-September 2 to visit our website at www.rawpsirit.net. We
      would love to have a good local presence there. We are indeed planning on
      posting some ride share information on the site and are researching it right
      now - We have received a lot of interest in this and of course it's
      something we support.

      The deadline for the first Early Bird discount was yesterday, but there is
      still another Early Bird discount until August 1. The price until August 1
      for all 3 days, including all meals, lodging, and workshops is $355 per
      person. We will have Gabriel Cousens, Victoria Boutenko, Brigitte Mars, and
      many others. This is a great way to support your local raw food community!

      Regarding the Raw Portland flyer, it looks like it would be at least a few
      weeks before I could get to that (later June, early July) due to other
      commitments, and I would be happy to do it at that time. However, if anyone
      else wants to make any flyers and distribute them at any time, of course you
      are all welcome. This is not limited to one person's effort: Anyone could
      make flyers announcing potlucks or other raw events. I have been very happy
      to have found this community over 2 years ago, to attend potlucks and to
      find all the resources available through the Raw Portland website and
      discussion list. I hope we can continue to support each other and all
      contribute what we are able to having a vibrant raw community in Portland.

      In light and health -

      Virginia