PR

  • growingraw
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      To me, receiving no response to last month's post for a spring cleanse
      buddy, receiving a response of four raw foodists to my post to form a
      raw discussion group and receiving a response of five raw foodists to
      my post for a buddy, indicates that we need to do PR to procure more
      members. Two months ago, at Mike Synder's potluck, I volunteered to
      post a flyer promoting this group on the bulletin board of People's
      Food Coop, Daily Grind and New Seasons. Someone volunteered to create
      a flyer. I asked that the flyer be posted on this website to enable
      members to print it, copy it, hand it out and post it on bulletin
      boards. The following month, I inquired where the flyer was. If the
      person who volunteered to create a flyer, completed the flyer, could
      you please post it under "Files" on this website? If the person hasn't
      completed it, can you please complete it? If you do not wish to do it,
      can you please post your response and ask for a new volunteer?

      I would like to attend the rawspirit retreat but do not have a car.
      Could we please post a ride sharing link on this website? Thanks.
      Lauren
    • Joy King
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        I thought I might make a suggestion to spark more conversation in this
        group - that is, of course, only if others are interested! I think the
        moderator should change the 'reply' function to an automatic 'reply to
        all' - this would keep more conversions going - as of now, people post and
        it just dies because everyone replies directly to them. The other groups I
        am on seem to be much more active because conversation sparks more
        conversation which sparks more conversation, etc, etc...

        Just a suggestion - I am on other busier forums so it doesn't really matter
        to me - although it would be fun to hear more about what Portland folks are
        up to in their raw worlds!

        Take care,

        Joy

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jeff Rogers
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
          If it helps the process, I'd be happy to send a copy of my Raw Seattle
          flyer (Word document) to whomever is (or will be) working on your
          flyer. I made a simple quarter size sheet, which I print out and have
          cut at Kinko's. The flyers can be taken to potlucks so others can post
          them at community boards near them.

          Jeff

          > If the
          > person who volunteered to create a flyer, completed the flyer, could
          > you please post it under "Files" on this website? If the person hasn't
          > completed it, can you please complete it? If you do not wish to do it,
          > can you please post your response and ask for a new volunteer?
        • Paul Fieber
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
            Jeff

            I am with a raw food group in Roseburg, Oregon and I would like to get a
            copy of your flyer.

            Paul