Raw Spirit Deadline; Proper Eats Cafe

  • Mike Snyder
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2006
      Hello friends,

      I have two announcements for today:

      1) Proper Eats is serving raw foods in North Portland

      2) Raw Spirit Retreat Early Bird Discount ends Thursday, June 1

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      There is a new food market / cafe
      in North Portland called Proper Eats.

      Proper Eats is similar to the Food Front
      Co-Op. They have an organic food market
      with raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds,
      and grains. Much of their food comes from
      local organic farmers.

      They also have a cafe and deli serving vegetarian
      foods. I think the menu is 100% vegan.

      They have many raw food options such as raw crackers
      with pate, raw cakes and pies, raw vegan sushi nori rolls,
      smoothies, salads, and more.

      They also have gourmet cooked vegan menu options.

      Proper Eats is located in Downtown St. Johns at
      8638 N. Lombard Ave, phone: 503-445-2007

      2) Raw Spirit Retreat

      We have recently updated our website
      with information on the workshops,
      schedules, vendor information, and
      volunteer information.

      The website is www.RawSpirit.net

      We are very excited to announce the addition
      of Carlene Jones to our list of speakers.

      Carlene is an inspirational and motivational
      speaker who beat obesity with the raw foods
      lifestyle. Carlene's websites are

      www.RawFoodBootCamp.com  and

      www.IBeatObesity.com
      The folks from OceanGrown.com have just
      been added. They will teach us about Sea
      Energy Agriculture and 92 Mineral Wheatgrass.
      Attention:

      The deadline for the Raw Spirit Early Bird
      discount of 25% is June 1.

      After Thursday, June 1, the price increases
      by $60. Please have your registration form
      filled out and postmarked by June 1 to receive
      the discount. This event is limited to the first
      200 people to sign up.

      The registration form, along with information
      about volunteer opportunities, is at

      http://www.RawSpirit.net/2006register.htm

      The price of admission includes all meals: breakfast,
      lunch and special raw gourmet dinners prepared by
      professional chefs. There will be a banquet dinner on
      Friday evening.

      I hope you will join us! This opportunity should not be
      missed. Gabriel Cousens will be making a rare public
      appearance and will be holding a full day workshop!

      If you have any questions please reply to this email
      or send an email to
      raw-info (at) RawSpirit dot net
      and we will reply right away.

      Some of our workshops include:

      Spiritual Nutrition with Dr. Gabriel Cousens

      Raw Crackers with Abeba Wright

      Green Smoothies with Victoria Boutenko

      Juice Fasting and Cleansing with Dr. Steven Bailey, ND

      Simple Raw with Brigitte Mars

      Body Electronics with Thomas C. Chavez

      Ethnic/Cultural Implicatinos of Raw Foods with Abeba Wright

      Raw Food & Weight Loss with Carlene Jones
      and more!

      We are interviewing people to lead workshops
      on Raw Desserts, Kitchen Gardening and
      Sprouting, Permaculture, Raising Raw Children
      and Raw Families, and Raw for Health Professionals

      Thanks and have a great day!

      Michael Snyder