Re: [RawPortland] Digest Number 26

  • Helen Hecker
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      I don't think you can dine at Ani's and Ede's yet. I believe they are
      working on it. There is a park about 7 blocks away at 20th and Belmont
      which could be an option until then. We could plan to meet at the park
      until then if anyone is interested. Daylight Savings Time is back this
      weekend so will be light later--and hopefully warmer.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        Hi Tammy and welcome!

        That's so wonderful that you've been able to go raw
        and lose weight.

        I've lost 56 lbs. so far since May 12, 04. I have 35
        to go and it seems slow going the last couple months.
        Did you also go thru some times that you didn't lose
        any weight? I'm not worried, because I'm feeling so
        good, and my health has improved so much..btw I'm 51
        and I usually do in home child care but also have been
        taking care of my ill sister and my elderly mom.

        I'm thankful to have found raw foods as I wouldn't
        have been able to take care of anyone in the shape I
        was in before.

        I haven't been out to any raw places except for a
        couple raw food pot-lucks.

        Love,
        Prism

        --- tcce@... wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > My name is Tammy. I was just introduced to this
        > group yesterday. I am 45 with 8 children ages 25
        > years old to 20 months old. I began eating raw cold
        > turkey the day after the raw food festival last
        > year. I have lost 110 pounds (including the 14 from
        > doing the Master Cleanse in June 2003). My husband
        > began eating raw January 1 and my younger 3 children
        > are also raw foodist.
        >
        > I was wondering if you could reccomend restaurants
        > that cater to raw foodist in Portland. I was hoping
        > to hear about a good place to eat for dinner
        > Thursday night.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Tammy

        > The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno
        > SpeedBand!
        > Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        > Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up
        > today!

      • Betty
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          That sounds like fun. I took my little dog out to
          Laurlehurst park for a walk and feed the ducks
          yesterday..it was so lovely. I love to get out and do
          things.

          Love,
          Prism