Unrest in Nepal

  • movesoontx
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2006
      Friends,

      I am new to the group. My name is Laurie and I'm a recent raw food convert. Hope to
      meet some new faces at the potluck tonight if I can make it.

      Just wanted to let you see a short excerpt from a friend of mine who is in Nepal right
      now. There is a lot of oppression from the government because they don't want to give the
      people the democracy they want. One of the ways they are oppressing is by restricting
      fresh food. It really makes me appreciate how blessed we are in the U.S. right now.

      < I am reacting to the food in weird ways. My stomach is consistently cramping (for about
      the last 4 days). Not unbearably, but not pleasant either. I think it's a combination of
      almost NO nutrients in my diet and also the fact that Nepali food is spicy. I always feel
      hungry, and I have to watch to make sure I don't overeat, as I get full but don't feel
      fed...my body's begging for something with more nutrition than white rice and sugar. I
      also feel generally tired and lazy. It's so funny though – we had salad for the first time a
      couple days ago, and I felt like dancing and twirling inside! I never saw salad as a mercy
      before, but I do now. Many things are coming into perspective for me here! :-)

      But these are not major problems, just little inconveniences...so don't worry about
      me, but I would appreciate prayer. It is made more difficult by the fact that the city is
      shutting down, so vegetables are becoming less accessible. But at least we have a little!
      People in inner-Kathmandu are really suffering as they are constantly under curfew, can't
      leave the house, and even if they could they couldn't get vegetables because there just
      aren't any being transported into the city!>