Re: living foods support letter

  • Gabrielle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 11:46 AM
      Dear Brenda,

      I am Gabrielle Chavez, author of The Raw Food Gourmet--Going Raw for
      Total Well Being, published by Findhorn Press and North Atlantic Books
      last year. Six years ago I learned the phrase "living foods" (from
      teachers at the Portland Raw and Living Foods Festivals) was simply an
      inclusive term for raw foods plus other foods which share their high
      enzyme content by virtue of being fermented. Until hearing about the
      trademark challenge from the Ann Wigmore Institute that you report, this
      common usage seemed useful, obvious and unquestioned in my experience. I
      have gone so far as to name our church's catering ministry "Share the
      Love Living Foods" which is not only a reference to the enzymes, but to
      Jesus' use of the term "living bread." (John 6:51ff) I do believe Jesus'
      popularization of the term preceded the Ann Wigmore Institute's.
      Sincerely,

      Gabrielle Chavez
      Christ the Healer United Church of Christ
      POB 219141 Portland, OR 97225
      503-650-4447
      www.cthgathering.org