Group activities

  • prismkitten
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to Mt. Scott's weight
      room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but hesitate to get into
      the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know how to use many of
      the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all I don't like
      working out alone..so if anyone is up to going sometimes let me know.

      I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my little doggie..I
      forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck pond, and then
      fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a little raw food
      picnic maybe.

      Love,
      Prism
      (Betty)
    • grouppastime
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        I used to lift weights back in high school. When i realized the havoc
        it was doing to my body i stopped lifting. Fibromyalgia is one
        consequence that can be caused by weights. An immediate effect is
        over exertion of the body to circulate enough blood for the lifting
        of usually heavy weights. Stretch marks are another effect that can
        happen over time. It also decreases ones flexibility due to the
        aberrant increase in size of muscles. This increases the chance of
        injury in daily activity. Feet problem can occur and back damage is
        almost a guarantee. Hopefully i persuaded you not begin weight
        lifting.

        I have been to Laurelhurst Park a few time and am impressed by its
        sized and beauty. I would probably go there more often if i lived
        closer. It sounds like a pleasant place to have a raw food picnic.

        Leif
      • Betty
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
          I am into firming and toning and not doing heavy
          weight lifting. I also thought of taking yoga for
          flexibility.

          Love,
          Prism

          --- grouppastime <grouppastime@...> wrote:
          > I used to lift weights back in high school. When i
          > realized the havoc
          > it was doing to my body i stopped lifting.
          > Fibromyalgia is one
          > consequence that can be caused by weights. An
          > immediate effect is
          > over exertion of the body to circulate enough blood
          > for the lifting
          > of usually heavy weights. Stretch marks are another
          > effect that can
          > happen over time. It also decreases ones flexibility
          > due to the
          > aberrant increase in size of muscles. This increases
          > the chance of
          > injury in daily activity. Feet problem can occur and
          > back damage is
          > almost a guarantee. Hopefully i persuaded you not
          > begin weight
          > lifting.
          >
          > I have been to Laurelhurst Park a few time and am
          > impressed by its
          > sized and beauty. I would probably go there more
          > often if i lived
          > closer. It sounds like a pleasant place to have a
          > raw food picnic.
          >
          > Leif

        • grouppastime
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
            Yoga is definitely good for flexibility. Pilates can be good for
            firming and toning.
          • williamsonlori
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
              --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten" <prismkitten@y...>
              wrote:

              Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go? Weight room that is.
              Let me know...
              I need to get back into working out again- in what capacity that
              happens I do not know.

              lori williamson

              > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to Mt. Scott's
              weight
              > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but hesitate to get
              into
              > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know how to use many of
              > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all I don't like
              > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going sometimes let me
              know.

              > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my little doggie..I
              > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck pond, and then
              > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a little raw food
              > picnic maybe.
              >
              > Love,
              > Prism
              > (Betty)
            • Betty
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
                you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
                discount.

                I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
                weight room on a consistant basis.

                Love,
                Prism

                --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
                > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
                > <prismkitten@y...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
                > Weight room that is.
                > Let me know...
                > I need to get back into working out again- in what
                > capacity that
                > happens I do not know.
                >
                > lori williamson
                >

                > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
                > Mt. Scott's
                > weight
                > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
                > hesitate to get
                > into
                > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
                > how to use many of
                > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
                > I don't like
                > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
                > sometimes let me
                > know.
                > >
                > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
                > little doggie..I
                > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
                > pond, and then
                > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
                > little raw food
                > > picnic maybe.
                > >
                > > Love,
                > > Prism
                > > (Betty)

              • L W
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                  that is not too expensive- i would go into the weight room with you.
                  it may be kinda sporadic since i am on call but it sounds like fun.

                  :)

                  Yes, it costs each time you go..I think it's $2.50 or
                  you can get a 20 use pass..I think it gives some
                  discount.

                  I like the pool, jaccuzzi and I'd like to try the
                  weight room on a consistant basis.

                  Love,
                  Prism

                  --- williamsonlori <williamsonlori@...> wrote:
                  > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "prismkitten"
                  > <prismkitten@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > Does it cost money? Do you pay each time you go?
                  > Weight room that is.
                  > Let me know...
                  > I need to get back into working out again- in what
                  > capacity that
                  > happens I do not know.
                  >
                  > lori williamson
                  >

                  > > Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone is up to going to
                  > Mt. Scott's
                  > weight
                  > > room with me? I go to the pool and jaccuzi, but
                  > hesitate to get
                  > into
                  > > the weight room..intimated I guess. I don't know
                  > how to use many of
                  > > the machines, and would love to learn. Most of all
                  > I don't like
                  > > working out alone..so if anyone is up to going
                  > sometimes let me
                  > know.
                  > >
                  > > I also went to Laurelhurst Park today with my
                  > little doggie..I
                  > > forgot how pretty it is. We walked around the duck
                  > pond, and then
                  > > fed them. It would be nice to meet there too for a
                  > little raw food
                  > > picnic maybe.
                  > >
                  > > Love,
                  > > Prism
                  > > (Betty)

                  http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/6iHolB/TM

                • Betty
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                    Ok, that's sounds fine with me. Do you know how to use
                    the machines..for arms, legs, etc.? It's probably
                    fairly simple and there are instructions and usually a
                    person that helps out in there.

                    How does Saturday sound to you or even Sunday as it's
                    open then.

                    Love,
                    Prism