2949Re: [RawPortland] JUICER suggestions ?

  • Gabrielle Chavez
    Apr 2, 2013
      I  purchased a Hurom Juicer from Mike at the Raw Diet and his customer service is the best!

      On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Mike Snyder <mike@...> wrote:

      Hi Jane,

      I could offer some tips!

      I visited the new SE location of the Portland Juice Press last week, they have an impressive selection of juice blends! I also love the Kure Juice Bar.

      I carry many different styles of juicers, the best one for you depends on the types of foods you will be juicing.

      The best juicer that will juice all types of foods, including leafy greens and wheatgrass, is the single auger slow juicer.

      I prefer the Omega or Hurom brands.

      These juicers spin at 80 revolutions per minute (RPM), which do not oxidize or heat the juice.

      The centrifical style juicers spin at 14,000 RPMs. They are faster but create a lower quality juice.

      I recommend the Omega juicers, model 8004, 8006, and VRT350. I also love the Hurom juicer, which is the same as the Omega VRT.

      I prefer the Hurom over the VRT because it has a better appearance, and is $21 less expensive.

      I have these juicers listed on my site at

      There are some local juice experts here in Portland:

      Author Dr. Steven Bailey leads annual juice fast cleanses-
      Next juice fast begins April 18, 2013.

      Juice Alive: The Ultimate Guide Juicing Remedies, by Steven Bailey,

      Portland resident Bo Rinaldi from Blossoming Lotus has a new book, with Steven Prussack:
      "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Juice Fasting"

      Andy Williams completed a one year juice fast! He has written about it on his facebook page:

      One of the best documentaries on the benefits of juice fasting is 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.' It is an inspirational film->

      Best Regards,

      Mike Snyder