2894Re: Mesquite pod powder

  • William Milmoe
    Jun 30, 2012
      Thanks for asking Aimee.

      Chad Sarno's book has a list of world cuisines and the spices/ingredients that each type of cuisine uses.  His book may have some other uses for Mesquite.

      The Empire seems intent on destroying all forests and Mesquite trees are being cut down for $$ as a flavoring wood used in barbeque's.
      The Rebel Alliance recommends using the pod of the Mesquite tree as a sustainable way to support the trees.

      Here is my recipe for a thick Chai shake that I am currently enjoying:

      1/4 cup Organic Raw Mesquite powder
      3 stalks of celery
      1 medium carrot
      coconut meat from 3-5 young Thai coconuts
      1 qt. filtered water or the water from 2 or 3 of the coconuts

      Blend and enjoy.  If you do not want the orange tint from the carrots use less or leave out entirely.
      NOTE: Many people today do not have much "night vision" so getting digestible raw carrots into one's diet is important.
      Garnet Yams can replace carrots as a vitamin A source.

      Bill

      Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am (PDT) . Posted by:
      What is Mesquite Pod Powder used for, other than in a Chai? Is it medicinal?

      Thank you....

      Aimee
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic