233RE: [RawPortland] raw nori/ agave syrup

  • Sara Johnson
    Jun 2, 2004
      Helen,

      Chang Ko on SE 82nd between Burnside & Stark sells black nori sheets, really
      cheap - like $10 for 50 or something like that. I just hold them up to the
      light & get the blackest, thickest looking ones. They definitely taste raw.

      ~Sara

      >From: "Helen Hecker" <twinpeak@...>
      >To: <RawPortland@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [RawPortland] raw nori/ agave syrup
      >Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:48:59 -0700
      >
      >anyone know if any of the Asian markets cary RAW nori in Portland? I used
      >to get mine at an Asian mkt in Vancouver-- veyr inexpensive. Eden at
      >People's runs about $5.45 for ten sheets.
      >
      >I picked up Aunt Patty's Agave syrup at Daily Grind ( also at Peoples and
      >Food Front)-- they were the cheapest--less than $4 for 8 oz bottle. I
      >emailed the company--- it is not pastuerized-- processing exposes it to
      >about 120 degrees. They can't claim it is raw. It is organic. Haven't
      >used it yet. Helen

      Looking to buy a house? Get informed with the Home Buying Guide from MSN
      House & Home. http://coldwellbanker.msn.com/
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic