Update on Shipping of TNC-Pi's

  • John Hansen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
      I wanted to post a notice to this group to update you on where we are in shipping the TNC-Pi boards for the Raspberry Pi.  As of today, we are caught up on shipping orders that arrived by March 13th except for one order that will go out in the next batch.  I expect that by the end of the week all orders that I have received as of right now (Wednesday afternoon) will be shipped.

      However, I think I am about to get a bit backlogged again because the entire company will be in Jamaica all week next week on our annual Spring retreat.  There will be a temp caretaker here, but not anyone who is capable of shipping orders.  We will begin shipping again during the first week in April and I hope to get caught up fairly quickly.  Orders received during the next 10 days will be shipped in the order in which they are received.

       I know its a bad time to be leaving town, but I think the staff might have a really serious grievance if we cancelled the annual retreat.

      I appreciate your patience.

      John W2FS
      Coastal ChipWorks
    • Ron Eike

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013
            Thanks for the update. I just ordered my TNC-Pi on 3/19, and can't wait to get it, but will wait if needed. Thanks for such a great product.

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, John Hansen <coastalchip@...> wrote:

            > I wanted to post a notice to this group to update you on where we are in
            > shipping the TNC-Pi boards for the Raspberry Pi. As of today, we are
            > caught up on shipping orders that arrived by March 13th except for one
            > order that will go out in the next batch. I expect that by the end of the
            > week all orders that I have received as of right now (Wednesday afternoon)
            > will be shipped.
            >
            > However, I think I am about to get a bit backlogged again because the
            > entire company will be in Jamaica all week next week on our annual Spring
            > retreat. There will be a temp caretaker here, but not anyone who is
            > capable of shipping orders. We will begin shipping again during the first
            > week in April and I hope to get caught up fairly quickly. Orders received
            > during the next 10 days will be shipped in the order in which they are
            > received.
            >
            > I know its a bad time to be leaving town, but I think the staff might have
            > a really serious grievance if we cancelled the annual retreat.
            >
            > I appreciate your patience.
            >
            > John W2FS
            > Coastal ChipWorks

          • absolutepaintball
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
              Just received my kit last night. I must say that is some fast turn around time! The kit went together in just a few hours, and was quite easy even for this kit building noob. Thanks again for a wonderful project and product.
            • John Hansen
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
                Glad to hear it. Enjoy!

                John Hansen
                Coastal ChipWorks

                On 3/26/13, absolutepaintball <absolutepaintball@...> wrote:
                > Just received my kit last night. I must say that is some fast turn around
                > time! The kit went together in just a few hours, and was quite easy even for
                > this kit building noob. Thanks again for a wonderful project and product.

              • Eric Scott
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27, 2013
                  I just received my kit last night. Looking forward to building it.

                  '73

                  Eric
                  VE7KLZ/KC7KLZ

                  On 2013-03-26, at 9:46 AM, John Hansen <coastalchip@...> wrote:

                  Glad to hear it. Enjoy!

                  John Hansen
                  Coastal ChipWorks

                  On 3/26/13, absolutepaintball <absolutepaintball@...> wrote:
                  > Just received my kit last night. I must say that is some fast turn around
                  > time! The kit went together in just a few hours, and was quite easy even for
                  > this kit building noob. Thanks again for a wonderful project and product.

                • ve1aic
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Good to hear. Got my X-tnc kit yesterday and on the air with it on my APRS-Pi server today. Works great.

                    Watching the post office box for 2 tnc-Pi's for my packet BBS.
                    Agree its great fun building kits again, not too many more with almost everything smt.

                    A Pi^3 family here 24/7/365.

                    Pi-1 for APRS server
                    Pi-2 for IRLP server
                    Pi-3 for Packet BBS server.

                    No more fans, hard drives, or UPS (and batteries)...not to mention the $ saved in electricity.

                    73, Ron VE1AIC