Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

  • Stephen Farthing
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
      The Launchpad series can be ordered from Ti USA here :-

      though the MSP 430 one has gone up in price. I ordered 5 last year for a few of us here and they were less than $5 each delivered to the UK. I got 2 processors with mine and a watch crystal. I have a friend who works on the same business park as a Ti office. He asked the Ti people if they had any and they gave him one FOC. So those of you with the right connections might see if you can get a free sample.

      Some people use Arduinos with the Pi to enhance it's IO capability. I wonder if anyone has tried this with the MSP430.

      Anyway this thread is getting way off topic. I bought the case and other parts for my 3 amp PiSU (sorry about the pun) yesterday so I am off to the workshop to make it.

      If any list members are attending the VERON rally at Den Bosch at the weekend I'll be hanging around the Benelux QRP club stand. Be happy to chat over a beer.

      73s Steve G0XAR

      On 18 March 2013 23:03, qrv@... <qrv@...> wrote:
      Brief comparison here:

      http://www.willpowell.co.uk/blog/2012/10/09/teensy-3-0-launchpad-arduino-raspberry-pi/

      Fascinating discussion here:

      http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/19716-The-battle-between-Teensy-3-vs-MBED-Freescale-Freedom-who-will-win

      The suggestion was that the Launchpad software is overly difficult. Is
      the $4.30 only for initial samples?

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
          Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        Adrian,

        Thanks, but I've already tried that one.

        What software are you using with the SCS Tracker? - maybe it gets round the driver problem somehow.

        John

        From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
        To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:52 -0000

          Adrian,   Where can I get that?   I tried the latest I could find on your site - remixautodstarR3.img.zip - and it crashed as soon as I tried to access the Tracker.   73, John

        Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:16:28 -0000

          The latest Kernel seems to fix the problem where the Raspberry PI hangs as soon as any attempt is made to access an SCS Tracker TNC.(a USB device) Linux pi1 3.6.11+ #393 PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 16:36:28 GMT 2013 armv6l

        As a general point, anyone how has issues with USB devices should make sure they are running the latest Kernel - a lot of fixes have been made to the USB subsystem.

        73, de John G8BPQ