Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

  • Rick Simpson
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 18, 2013
       I also play with Ti Launchpads and Arduinos both of which actually do work out of the box, however they are somewhat simpler than the Pi.

      Ah, the Launchpad. More power than an Arduino, built-in ADC with superb documentation. All for $4.30 postpaid! Why do you think it is so unused by experimenters?

      Rick
      K3IND
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        Adrian,

        Thanks, but I've already tried that one.

        What software are you using with the SCS Tracker? - maybe it gets round the driver problem somehow.

        John

        From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
        To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:52 -0000

          Adrian,   Where can I get that?   I tried the latest I could find on your site - remixautodstarR3.img.zip - and it crashed as soon as I tried to access the Tracker.   73, John

        Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:16:28 -0000

          The latest Kernel seems to fix the problem where the Raspberry PI hangs as soon as any attempt is made to access an SCS Tracker TNC.(a USB device) Linux pi1 3.6.11+ #393 PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 16:36:28 GMT 2013 armv6l

        As a general point, anyone how has issues with USB devices should make sure they are running the latest Kernel - a lot of fixes have been made to the USB subsystem.

        73, de John G8BPQ