Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 18, 2013
      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Stephen <squirrox@...> wrote:
       Or the good people at RPi should provide a list of hubs which work. Having read the the thread about the known issues it seems the world of Linux support has not changed much.

      As delivered it sort of works with a subset of hardware, and there is a happy band of enthusiasts trying to fix the bugs most of which should have been caught by testing before it was released. Anyway, probably not the right forum to raise this. I used to be a professional software developer in the defence industry so may be I am expecting a bit to much!

      It's a $35, teaching and hobbyist computer!  If you want a bullet proof, industrial computer, there are plenty out there -- http://www.logicsupply.com/

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        Adrian,

        Thanks, but I've already tried that one.

        What software are you using with the SCS Tracker? - maybe it gets round the driver problem somehow.

        John

        From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
        To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:52 -0000

          Adrian,   Where can I get that?   I tried the latest I could find on your site - remixautodstarR3.img.zip - and it crashed as soon as I tried to access the Tracker.   73, John

        Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:16:28 -0000

          The latest Kernel seems to fix the problem where the Raspberry PI hangs as soon as any attempt is made to access an SCS Tracker TNC.(a USB device) Linux pi1 3.6.11+ #393 PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 16:36:28 GMT 2013 armv6l

        As a general point, anyone how has issues with USB devices should make sure they are running the latest Kernel - a lot of fixes have been made to the USB subsystem.

        73, de John G8BPQ