Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

  • Max Harper
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 17, 2013
      First, you shouldn't have to "get the right hub". There ARE known issues with USB. Read through this thread at raspberrypi.org. Different types of devices transfer data differently over USB.

      Max

      From: vk4tux <vk4tux@...>
      To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:25 PM
      Subject: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

      When you get the right hub, everything works. I tested 87 different wlan and 27 different aircard devices in my latest remix image projects with no issue.

      I posted here hours ago on this subject when it first canme up with no result on here.

      Moderator please check the spam folder?

      Adrian ... vk4tux

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        Adrian,

        Thanks, but I've already tried that one.

        What software are you using with the SCS Tracker? - maybe it gets round the driver problem somehow.

        John

        From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
        To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:52 -0000

          Adrian,   Where can I get that?   I tried the latest I could find on your site - remixautodstarR3.img.zip - and it crashed as soon as I tried to access the Tracker.   73, John

        Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:16:28 -0000

          The latest Kernel seems to fix the problem where the Raspberry PI hangs as soon as any attempt is made to access an SCS Tracker TNC.(a USB device) Linux pi1 3.6.11+ #393 PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 16:36:28 GMT 2013 armv6l

        As a general point, anyone how has issues with USB devices should make sure they are running the latest Kernel - a lot of fixes have been made to the USB subsystem.

        73, de John G8BPQ