TNC-Pi kit arrived in UK

  • ferrymanr
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      My TNC-Pi kit arrived this morning together with a customs bill equivalent to US$17.01 :-( First board I've built for at least a couple of years tha does NOT use SMD devices. Now to get building the board. The hard part will be setting up the RPi.
      Dick G4BBH
    • Steffen Kaiser
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
        17USD for 1 Kit? then I want to know what time the German Zoll
        I get 3 boards: (

        they are still not there
        73 steffen dl5sfi

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
          Just a quick update. Built the TNC-Pi in the morning and had it up and running very quickly. It has been running perfectly for several hours on APRS with XASTIR and with a GPS dongle on the USB. With my early RPI there are no mounting holes so put an adhesive foam pad on top of the USB connector block. The RPi runs a little warmer - about 3 to 4 degrees C more than before. Extra heat dissipation and some restriction to airflow are the probable reason in spite of heatsinks having been fitted on the RPi. Now I need to change to using the I2C port as I normally use /dev/ttyAMA0 for my CAT conrol cable. Pity it can't do 300Bd or 9600Bd as that would render my big old TNC obsolete.
          Dick G4BBH