Re: DIY Power supply for Rasberry Pi

  • kirkdehaan
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 17 2:35 PM
      Yes, I have built this supply and it works well. George Thomas, W5JDX, did a video on it on either Hamnation.tv or Amateurlogic.tv. He tapped directly into the Pi by using TP1 and TP2. 5 components and you're up and running.

      I plan on doing the same thing and having a double stack USB connector with a switch and a power connector for input so I can connect to a 12 VDC deep cycle battery.

      Kirk - N6SXR

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19 8:12 AM
        Adrian,

        Thanks, but I've already tried that one.

        What software are you using with the SCS Tracker? - maybe it gets round the driver problem somehow.

        John

        From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
        To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:52 -0000

          Adrian,   Where can I get that?   I tried the latest I could find on your site - remixautodstarR3.img.zip - and it crashed as soon as I tried to access the Tracker.   73, John

        Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:16:28 -0000

          The latest Kernel seems to fix the problem where the Raspberry PI hangs as soon as any attempt is made to access an SCS Tracker TNC.(a USB device) Linux pi1 3.6.11+ #393 PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 16:36:28 GMT 2013 armv6l

        As a general point, anyone how has issues with USB devices should make sure they are running the latest Kernel - a lot of fixes have been made to the USB subsystem.

        73, de John G8BPQ