RPI Rev 2 Board

  • Jerome K
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 11, 2012
      http://www.raspberrypi.org

      I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
      Not a big change but a few small ones..
      Reasd all about it..
    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 11, 2012
        Making I2S interface easily available is a big change for the ham radio applications. Now audio codec chips can be connected directly to RPi.

        73, Mike

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Jerome K" <JKutche@...> wrote:

        > http://www.raspberrypi.org
        >
        > I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
        > Not a big change but a few small ones..
        > Reasd all about it..

      • Perry Chamberlain
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 11, 2012
          Adafruits linux disro for the pi has this blurb about their version of wheezy.

          "Our distro is based on "Wheezy" but comes with hardware SPII2Cone wire, and WiFi support for our wifi adapters. It also has some things to make overall hacking easier such sshd on startup (with key generation on first boot) and  Bonjour (so you can simply ssh raspberrypi.local from any computer on the local network)"

          Sent from my iPad

          Ke6anm

          On Sep 11, 2012, at 1:07 PM, "vbifyz" <3ym3ym@...> wrote:

          Making I2S interface easily available is a big change for the ham radio applications. Now audio codec chips can be connected directly to RPi.

          73, Mike

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Jerome K" <JKutche@...> wrote:

          > http://www.raspberrypi.org
          >
          > I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
          > Not a big change but a few small ones..
          > Reasd all about it..

        • Ian Wade G3NRW
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 12, 2012
            From: Jerome K <JKutche@...>
            Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 Time: 18:35:47

            >I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..

            Looking at the picture, how does one tell it is a Rev 2 board? Is it
            marked as such on the other side?

            Ian, G3NRW

            The TS-590S Resources Page:
            http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

            The TS-990S Resources Page:
            http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-990.htm

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2012

              Ian,

              It has two mounting holes (the original has none), and is marked “Made in UK ”.

              73, John

              >I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..

              Looking at the picture, how does one tell it is a Rev 2 board? Is it
              marked as such on the other side?

              Ian, G3NRW

              The TS-590S Resources Page:
              http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

              The TS-990S Resources Page:
              http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-990.htm

            • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 12, 2012
                They also removed the fuses for the USB port and If emmory serves from what I read it has been reconfigured so you can plug more into it.. But read up at the raspberry pi site it tells whats new..

                I personally may wait for a rev 3 board since I have so many already and those minor changes does not affect what I am planning here... 73

                Jerry Kutche
                Electrical Supervisor

                Lehigh Cement Company LLC
                180 N. Meridian Road
                Mitchell, IN  47446
                Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
                Fax:  (812) 849-5007
                Cell: (812) 583-0445
                jkutche@...
                www.lehighcement.com

                This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 15, 2012
                • g1kqh
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 17, 2012
                    Hi John,

                    Yes I am glad I have waited a while, looks like there will be a few other fine tunes yet?

                    73 Steve
                    G1KQH