Re: Some Raspberri Pi's Made by Brits?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Paul M <pmooney22@...> wrote:

      > I understand that the Pi 'B' with 512 memory are made in Wales.

      You mean:

      Deallaf fod y Pi 'B' gyda 512 cof yn cael eu gwneud yng Nghymru.

      It could be a shell script!

      ;-)

      73

      Brian
      G8OSN
    • Stephen Farthing
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
        Hi Guys,

        I have a friend who runs a small business designing and selling electronic test equipment. He had some things made in China but brought manufacturing back to England. The reasons were :-

        1. Poor quality assembly
        2. Substitute, bad quality, parts fitted
        3. Wrong type of solder used.
        4. Possible use of counterfeit parts
        5. Difficulty of dealing with a factory on the other side of the world.
        6. Not testing the boards properly.

        May be the people at Rasberry had the same experience.

        73s Steve G0XAR
      • Vance Campbell
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
          That has been my experience as well. Unfortunately the large "well known corporation" and the smaller lesser known company that I now work for have yet to learn the lesson...