Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: SD card for Pi

  • Adrian
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 16, 2013
      OK on that, there are always fake items, The genuine Transcend cards work great. I purchased some pl2303 usb-ser adapters a while back to find they were all fake and did not co-operate with the true pl2303 driver. Luck of the draw these days.

      adrian ... vk4tux

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 16, 2013
        Gotta jump in here for a sec...  as far as SD cards for the Pi goes... best performance so far without trying to break the bank is a 64G Class 10 card I found on eBay (branded SDC).

        Ran a bunch of benchmarks yesterday with various cards and media... this card came in at 13.2M/sec writing.  (164M file continuous write)  Not bad for a $15 card, and with 64G the wear leveling will help it last a LONG time.

        Dave
        N0TRQ

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Adrian <vk4tux@...> wrote:

[...]

      • bob_g3wkw
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 17, 2013
          Yes I must have one of those fake CAT leads too, it worked fine for a year or two until Prolific updated the driver and Windoze Updates installed it. Now I periodically have to reinstall the driver from the folder I keep called "Prolific Driver that works". However that same lead works fine with the RasPi, just plug and play.

          Bob

          G3WKW