Re: TNC-X for Raspberry Pi - The boards have arrived.

  • neocharles_kk4hok
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
      I will admit, my knowledge with Linux is not too great, but I'm making it through.

      I have 2 of the TNC-X's for the Pi. Reading through all the directions, it doesn't really say how you address one vs. the other when you are configuring things.

      Currently, I have my radio plugged into the serial port on the top TNC-X, and the yellow light lights up when data is heard. I edited the /etc/ax25/axports file as follows:

      1 KK4HOK-1 19200 236 2 TNC 1
      2 KK4HOK-2 19200 236 2 TNC 2

      I then was able to type 'sudo kissattach /dev/ttyAMA0 1', and once I typed sudo axlisten -a, I was able to see packet data. However, when it did this, it seems that it took the pi off the network and I was no longer able to ssh into it, etc.

      I ultimately would like to run John's software on here - which I have downloaded - but want to make sure I'm doing the right things.

      I downloaded the 'params.zip' file, as suggested, but I am not sure which TNC it's actually reading these parameters from. Regardless of what number I use for 'b', I get the same output, and is as follows: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NRsEhVFp

      I've pretty much stopped at this point, because I am unsure where to proceed.