FBB on the rasberry PI

  • Kerry McKenzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      A quick note
      myself and a fellow ham in Toronto have FBB running on the rasberry PI
      but is is very much beta test right now but is stable and a second unit
      at my end will come online shortly
      The reason I am saying this is it cuts back on the learning curve as if
      you are like me and know fbb very well but not linux it makes things
      alot easier to know the software that you wish to use
      rather than try and learn them both together at the same time, ...if you
      get my drift.
      Im sure when i speak for Bob and myself would be happy to help you out
      also once we get these properly tested asumming that you wish to keep FBB?
      kind regards Kerry VK4TUB

      PS class 10 cards this way and use sandisk with no problems at all

      >Hello Jerome..long time no see. Glad to see you're still active on
      packet. My FBB on Suse linux has been running 24/7/365 since 1986.
      >After all that its time for a big change. Got my first Pi yesterday
      and have it running javAPRSSrvr already but looking around for a tnc
      solution..and how I ended up on this group (just ordered 2 TNC-PIs).

      >Have a PiIRLP in the mail so having 2 Pi servers running 24/7 I also
      wonder about the life of SD cards when lots of read/writes (packet &
      APRS). Option of was using USB memory sticks or USB drives for data
      storage. The sticks might be >ok but any spinning drive defeats the
      whole purpose of "solid-state" and dc-power only.

      >I see a lot of SD cards listed as reliable with the Pi but wonder if
      speed of the card would be a factor in long life?

      >What process are people using to 'duplicate' the SC cards for Pi as
      backup? With only 2GB of data is it not just as easy to make an image of
      the card and have spare cards ready..even just for testing.

      --
      Kind Regards
      Kerry McKenzie

      PO Box 4492