Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Serving Live logs from Aprx on Raspberry Pi

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
      Poking around a bit, they are pretty straightforward scripts.  I'm not running aprx at the current time.  The download the 'looks like a jumbled up mess' is an AWK script -- any that are complex look like that :)

      If you try it again and get any error messages, etc. I'd be glad to take a look.  Don't have time right now to set it all up in a test platform.

      On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Max Harper <kg4pid@...> wrote:

      Yes, I did that and it still wouldn't run for me. Have you actually tried it? There is a function in one of the downloads that looks like a jumbled up mess. It's been about a month since I messed with it so I don't remember all the details. Will start from scratch and see how it goes. I'd like to hear from someone who has it working on the Pi.

      Max

    • Max
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
        Yes, the required packages are installed and working (apache2, PHP5). But your post is just waisting bandwidth since you know nothing about what this program even does or how it does it.

        I can't say that I know of anyone whose email hasn't been hacked at some point. Sad that it works this way. With that in mind, no one should ever be trusted.

        If anyone here wants a safe way to look at the link I posted just use the browser on your Pi. All downloads would be done on the Pi anyway to install the program. When you're done, just reimage the SD card and all traces of the site are gone. Just remember that the instruction were written with APRX running on a router with a different path to the web folder.

        Max KG4PID

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Jim Thisdale <n1jmm1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Max
        >
        > Do you have any/all required pre-processors installed, configured and working? like php, asp, cgi.
        >
        > No I didn't click the link you included, I can't trust it... especially with your tag line of just
        > being 'hacked', no one should click it.
        >
        > -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
        > Visit my Pi running ircddb, dvrptr, Apache & many other things:
        > http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
      • John Hays
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
          One thing I noticed was that at least one of the scripts use the ash shell.  Make sure it's installed.

          apt-get update
          apt-get install ash

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:33 PM, "Max" <kg4pid@...> wrote:

          Yes, the required packages are installed and working (apache2, PHP5). But your post is just waisting bandwidth since you know nothing about what this program even does or how it does it.

          I can't say that I know of anyone whose email hasn't been hacked at some point. Sad that it works this way. With that in mind, no one should ever be trusted.

          If anyone here wants a safe way to look at the link I posted just use the browser on your Pi. All downloads would be done on the Pi anyway to install the program. When you're done, just reimage the SD card and all traces of the site are gone. Just remember that the instruction were written with APRX running on a router with a different path to the web folder.

          Max KG4PID

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Jim Thisdale <n1jmm1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Max
          >
          > Do you have any/all required pre-processors installed, configured and working? like php, asp, cgi.
          >
          > No I didn't click the link you included, I can't trust it... especially with your tag line of just
          > being 'hacked', no one should click it.
          >
          > -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
          > Visit my Pi running ircddb, dvrptr, Apache & many other things:
          > http://n1jmm.no-ip.org

        • Max Harper
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
            I'll try installing the ash shell and see what happens. Not knowing much about Linux all I could do was follow the instructions.

            Thank You, Max

            --- In mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO%40yahoogroups.com, Jim Thisdale <n1jmm1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Max
            >
            > Do you have any/all required pre-processors installed, configured and working? like php, asp, cgi.
            >
            > No I didn't click the link you included, I can't trust it... especially with your tag line of just
            > being 'hacked', no one should click it.
            >
            > -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
            > Visit my Pi running ircddb, dvrptr, Apache & many other things:
            > http://n1jmm.no-ip.org

          • Javier Henderson
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
              I am familiar with that website, it is safe to visit that link.

              73,
              -jav k4jh

              On 3/7/13 7:26 PM, Max wrote:
              > I found this web site that has instructions for serving live logs when using APRX. The instructions were written for APRX running on a router and the path to the web server directory is slightly different than with Apache2 installed on a raspberry Pi. I did the best I could to change the paths but it won't run for me. Has anyone else tried to get this running on the Pi? It would be a nice addition to APRX.
              >
              > http://kissoz.dk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:aprx-logserver&catid=40:how-to-list-of-topics-with-instructions&Itemid=58
              >
              > Max KG4PID
              >
              > P.S. My email account was hacked this morning and I have changed the password. I hope no one followed any links that may have been sent.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Max Harper
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
                Thanks John. Near the end of the instructions is says,

                That should be it....
                test the script while we are here enter:

                ./genindex.sh

                When I do I get the same error message over and over until I hit CTRL-C

                "/var/www/aprx/tac.sh: 38: /var/www/aprx/tac.sh: let: not found"

                The last few lines of tac.sh with line numbers added

                34 # use for loop to reverse the array
                35 while [ $c -gt 0 ] ;
                36 do
                37  eval echo \$line$c
                38   let c=c-1
                39 done

                I can send you a small aprx-rf.log file to test with if needed.

                Thanks, Max