New Member G0SFJ

  • andythomasmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2012
      Hi, I am Andy G0SFJ, have a Pi - computing isn't really my line, wasn't too impressed by the Pi really, and am now looking at using it for ham radio applications only:

      * tnc / aprs
      *cw keyer
      *gpredict (could not load it!)
      * sound card and then some modulation/demod.

      I think it is underpowered and I found the Composite video unreadable on a small tv set when I was messing around with Python, so am now going to use DVI.

      BTW there are free Python courses at Coursera and elsewhere.

      Also I hope to use a wireless access point from D-Link.

      I am afraid I get lost with Lunix-speak and I hope towards an easy step-by-step soluton to installing these applications.

      I have also just bought an rs232 interface off ebay (For the tnc) and understand that the vendor is interested in a top-ten of ham radio pcb add-ons.

      All in all I don't think I'll be contributing much, but reading and hopefully learning...and asking for help sometimes!

      73 de andy g0sfj