Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] TNC-X for Raspberry Pi - The boards have arrived.

  • Javier Henderson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2013

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Rick Nicholson <n9umj@...> wrote:

      Where was the link posted? also where are the latest linbpq and pibqq program versions posted? My time off from work was cut short and now there's a break and I have time to back to the hobby.

      Rick,

      The TNCPi page is at:

      Check the message archives on this group to see the mini-report I posted a couple of days ago on my progress with the TNCPi that I built.

      73,
      -jav k4jh

    • Kerry McKenzie
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 8, 2013
        Hi John
        I think patience is part of this radio stuff we play with, as i have two
        units on order with you i count it as blessing as i have plenty of
        reading to do before they arrive.
        But I have to confess I am looking forward to building and setting these
        little guys up!

        Part Two....general to the group

        On that note i would still like to have a play with BPQ and FBB with
        this but I still have not been able to locate the software for the Pie.
        FBB I have no problem with configuration and been using it for years,
        but not sure if it will work on the Pie, while BPQ I undestand will work
        on the Pie however I have
        had no luck running it as a bbs on my windows platforms and gave it away
        after 4 months trying.

        So I feel like I am caught between a two systems, one I can not
        configure or understand, and the other I know well but may not work on
        the Pie and to date i have not
        contacted anyone who has?
        I do not know linux well enough to compile anything so I am very
        dependant on some who know linux to send out a how to, or step by step
        instructions to compile
        the FBB software.

        I would like to try BPQ again however there is a level of expectation
        with it that the installer should know what all the characters mean when
        configuring it up.
        And the same when setting up a forward file with other bbs's. And while
        I could just copy and paste but to me its just painting by numbers and i
        dont see the point
        of this if I do not understanding what I am doing.

        --
        Kind Regards
        Kerry McKenzie vk4tub
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
          I will admit, my knowledge with Linux is not too great, but I'm making it through.

          I have 2 of the TNC-X's for the Pi. Reading through all the directions, it doesn't really say how you address one vs. the other when you are configuring things.

          Currently, I have my radio plugged into the serial port on the top TNC-X, and the yellow light lights up when data is heard. I edited the /etc/ax25/axports file as follows:

          1 KK4HOK-1 19200 236 2 TNC 1
          2 KK4HOK-2 19200 236 2 TNC 2

          I then was able to type 'sudo kissattach /dev/ttyAMA0 1 10.1.1.1', and once I typed sudo axlisten -a, I was able to see packet data. However, when it did this, it seems that it took the pi off the network and I was no longer able to ssh into it, etc.

          I ultimately would like to run John's software on here - which I have downloaded - but want to make sure I'm doing the right things.

          I downloaded the 'params.zip' file, as suggested, but I am not sure which TNC it's actually reading these parameters from. Regardless of what number I use for 'b', I get the same output, and is as follows: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NRsEhVFp

          I've pretty much stopped at this point, because I am unsure where to proceed.

          Thanks!

          Charles