Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] TNC-X for Raspberry Pi - The boards have arrived.

  • Javier Henderson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2013

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Rick Nicholson <n9umj@...> wrote:

      Where was the link posted? also where are the latest linbpq and pibqq program versions posted? My time off from work was cut short and now there's a break and I have time to back to the hobby.

      Rick,

      The TNCPi page is at:

      Check the message archives on this group to see the mini-report I posted a couple of days ago on my progress with the TNCPi that I built.

      73,
      -jav k4jh

    • William Liporace - WC2L
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 7, 2013

        Same link I sent yesterday….

        If you are interested, see: www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm

        Will WC2L

        Where was the link posted? also where are the latest linbpq and pibqq program versions posted? My time off from work was cut short and now there's a break and I have time to back to the hobby.

        Thanks

        Rick

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 8, 2013
          Hi John
          I think patience is part of this radio stuff we play with, as i have two
          units on order with you i count it as blessing as i have plenty of
          reading to do before they arrive.
          But I have to confess I am looking forward to building and setting these
          little guys up!

          Part Two....general to the group

          On that note i would still like to have a play with BPQ and FBB with
          this but I still have not been able to locate the software for the Pie.
          FBB I have no problem with configuration and been using it for years,
          but not sure if it will work on the Pie, while BPQ I undestand will work
          on the Pie however I have
          had no luck running it as a bbs on my windows platforms and gave it away
          after 4 months trying.

          So I feel like I am caught between a two systems, one I can not
          configure or understand, and the other I know well but may not work on
          the Pie and to date i have not
          contacted anyone who has?
          I do not know linux well enough to compile anything so I am very
          dependant on some who know linux to send out a how to, or step by step
          instructions to compile
          the FBB software.

          I would like to try BPQ again however there is a level of expectation
          with it that the installer should know what all the characters mean when
          configuring it up.
          And the same when setting up a forward file with other bbs's. And while
          I could just copy and paste but to me its just painting by numbers and i
          dont see the point
          of this if I do not understanding what I am doing.

          --
          Kind Regards
          Kerry McKenzie vk4tub
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
            I will admit, my knowledge with Linux is not too great, but I'm making it through.

            I have 2 of the TNC-X's for the Pi. Reading through all the directions, it doesn't really say how you address one vs. the other when you are configuring things.

            Currently, I have my radio plugged into the serial port on the top TNC-X, and the yellow light lights up when data is heard. I edited the /etc/ax25/axports file as follows:

            1 KK4HOK-1 19200 236 2 TNC 1
            2 KK4HOK-2 19200 236 2 TNC 2

            I then was able to type 'sudo kissattach /dev/ttyAMA0 1 10.1.1.1', and once I typed sudo axlisten -a, I was able to see packet data. However, when it did this, it seems that it took the pi off the network and I was no longer able to ssh into it, etc.

            I ultimately would like to run John's software on here - which I have downloaded - but want to make sure I'm doing the right things.

            I downloaded the 'params.zip' file, as suggested, but I am not sure which TNC it's actually reading these parameters from. Regardless of what number I use for 'b', I get the same output, and is as follows: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NRsEhVFp

            I've pretty much stopped at this point, because I am unsure where to proceed.

            Thanks!

            Charles