Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Authentication Error

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5 7:34 AM

      Duffy,

      Just press Y when it prompts you for input; all that message means is that the packages aren't officially a part of whichever distribution you are using, so the installation process won't automatically install them.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 7:53 AM
        that 'error' is just indicating that the server hosting the 'files' is not providing a 'certified'
        certificate... Like everybody else you have to answer 'yes' to accept this fact, then you can
        proceed to get the packages installed.

        -Jim-

        On 3/5/13 9:22 AM, Beischel wrote:
        > I keep getting his error message and do not know how to get around it to upgrade ircddbgateway/repeater.
        >
        > The following packages cannot be authenticated!
        > opendvdata ircddbgateway repeater
        >
        > Can anyone with better Linux skills than me please enlighten me?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Duffy
        > www.wb8nut.com

      • J. Duffy Beischel
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 7:58 AM
          Thanks Matthew, but the issue is it does not give me an option to continue. It just terminates the upgrade process.

          Duffy
          www.wb8nut.com
          March 5, 2013 10:34 AM

        Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5 8:43 AM
          Hi Duffy

          If your not getting a yes/N prompt then there is likely more to your problem.

          Which operating system are you running? Did you select the PROPER server for your operating system,
          Hans has 2 different lines in his document, one for use on "debian wheezy armel soft float" and
          another for Raspbian hard float" operating systems. If you entered the wrong one, just enter the
          proper one, then you might have to reboot, then try again...

          -Jim-