Re: RPi with DStar DVAP

  • Beischel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
      I thought of the same thing, except for the fat that the DVAP is going off-line about every 4 to 6 hours. So I have to ssh into it and tell it to reboot.

      Duffy
      www.wb8nut.com

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Kerry McKenzie <kermck@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Oz
      > back in the old days of dos we used simple timers to bring back locked
      > gear in remote locations with a power reboot every 24 hours.
      > This will give you a temporary fix until you can find a solution or if
      > it works reliably keep it working.I have a sneaking feeling that your SD
      > card has a little bit to do with your problem?
      > Kerry VK4TUB

    • Beischel
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        OK, I got the Linux version with the DVAP software compiled from WA6JKF, installed that for the DVAP instead and have that working now.

        It seems to be OK, except when it disconnects from the repeater or a reflector, it does not reconnect even though I have the box checked to automatically try to reconnect.

        I can do a reconnect to that same repeater or reflector manually from the radio so it is not an issue of the repeater/reflector being off-line and unable to reconnect.

        Anyone else have that issue?

        Thanks,

        Duffy
        www.wb8nut.com

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Beischel" <beischel@...> wrote:

        > I thought of the same thing, except for the fat that the DVAP is going off-line about every 4 to 6 hours. So I have to ssh into it and tell it to reboot.
        >
        > Duffy
        > www.wb8nut.com
        >
        > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Kerry McKenzie <kermck@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings from Oz
        > > back in the old days of dos we used simple timers to bring back locked
        > > gear in remote locations with a power reboot every 24 hours.
        > > This will give you a temporary fix until you can find a solution or if
        > > it works reliably keep it working.I have a sneaking feeling that your SD
        > > card has a little bit to do with your problem?
        > > Kerry VK4TUB

      • Beischel
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013