Conference Echolink

  • Luigi Ik7ytq
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
      There is an installation image with thebridge Echolink?

      Thanks for the help ik7ytq Luigi Gruppo D-Star Lecce & IQ7AF

      Inviato da iPad
    • Kristoff Bonne
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
        Hello Luigi,

        On 05-03-13 14:13, Luigi Ik7ytq wrote:

        There is an installation image with thebridge Echolink?

        Thanks for the help ik7ytq Luigi Gruppo D-Star Lecce & IQ7AF

        What exactly is the goal? A conference or a linknode?

        If this is for a conference, I don't know if the Raspberry Pi is the best platform for this. A conference can generate quite a bit of bandwidth.  It probably makes more sence to run this on a linux VM in a datacenter somewhere.
        A raspberry Pi can probably be used for much more interesting stuff then this.

        If it is for a echolink link-node, I run running a test-setup of an echolink linknode on a raspberry pi at home, using thelinkbox (ON1ARF-L: 820101). The goal is to create a echolink link-node for less then 100 euro: raspi + USB audio-dongle + USB serial-port dongle + some interfacing components + a cheap or 2nd hand HT.

        The source-package is pretty selfcontaining and does not need a lot of external libraries.

        I do not have an installation image, but the installation procedure is pretty simple; based on a standard debian image for the RPI plus some stuff you just can install with apt-get + an installation from source. (./configure; make ; sudo make install).
        I was going to make a write-down of the whole procedure of this, but as I am working on some other stuff now, I haven't had time to do this.
        Perhaps it makes sence to make a small community project of this. If done together with a couple of people working together, the whole installation procedure can be documented in a couple of days.
        Who has some webspace with a wiki that can be used for this?

        BTW.
        I have a configuration for an echolink link-node that works pretty good, so what we need is a small script (perl, python) to create a config-file based on just a couple of questions.

        If you are interested in helping out, do let me know and we can see who does what.

        73
        Kristoff - ON1ARF
      • hb9emo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          Best 73s
          Mauro

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Luigi Ik7ytq <ik7ytq@...> wrote:

          > There is an installation image with thebridge Echolink?
          >
          > Thanks for the help ik7ytq Luigi Gruppo D-Star Lecce & IQ7AF
          >
          > Inviato da iPad

        • Luigi Ik7ytq
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013

            Hello and thanks for asking.

             From the various responses known that despite the Raspberry has limitations seems to be feasible! I'm honestly not at all practical in Linux but I think it's really interesting to create an image availability  for people like me who has some limit, even though I can always learn thanks to you.

            I await further information and suggestions Thanks.

            73 Luigi ik7ytq

            Inviato da iPad