Re: RPi with DStar DVAP

  • vk4tux
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013

      Mike does it again, We knew each other years ago building rpms and yum repositories for D-Rats
      and Mike took it all to a another level.

      For the Rpi redhat fans wanting some dvap action, here it is for fedora 18 remix;

      http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/DVAPTool_Rpi_rpm.jpg

      New!!!! fc18remix rpms thanks to Mike Heitman N0SO

      All these are in a yum repository > get Rpi.repo

      http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/IMG/rpm/Rpi.repo

      In fedora remix do

      wget http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/IMG/rpm/Rpi.repo

      cp Rpi.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/Rpi.repo

      as root (add sudo first if need)

      yum update

      yum install d-rats

      yum install DVAPTool

      yum install ircDDBGateway

      yum install Repeater

      menu's are also auto created etc.

      Tested on my Rpi;

      Adrian ... vk4tux

    • Kerry McKenzie
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
        Greetings from Oz
        back in the old days of dos we used simple timers to bring back locked
        gear in remote locations with a power reboot every 24 hours.
        This will give you a temporary fix until you can find a solution or if
        it works reliably keep it working.I have a sneaking feeling that your SD
        card has a little bit to do with your problem?
        Kerry VK4TUB
      • Beischel
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
          I thought of the same thing, except for the fat that the DVAP is going off-line about every 4 to 6 hours. So I have to ssh into it and tell it to reboot.

          Duffy
          www.wb8nut.com

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Kerry McKenzie <kermck@...> wrote:

          > Greetings from Oz
          > back in the old days of dos we used simple timers to bring back locked
          > gear in remote locations with a power reboot every 24 hours.
          > This will give you a temporary fix until you can find a solution or if
          > it works reliably keep it working.I have a sneaking feeling that your SD
          > card has a little bit to do with your problem?
          > Kerry VK4TUB

        • Beischel
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
            OK, I got the Linux version with the DVAP software compiled from WA6JKF, installed that for the DVAP instead and have that working now.

            It seems to be OK, except when it disconnects from the repeater or a reflector, it does not reconnect even though I have the box checked to automatically try to reconnect.

            I can do a reconnect to that same repeater or reflector manually from the radio so it is not an issue of the repeater/reflector being off-line and unable to reconnect.

            Anyone else have that issue?

            Thanks,

            Duffy
            www.wb8nut.com

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Beischel" <beischel@...> wrote:

            > I thought of the same thing, except for the fat that the DVAP is going off-line about every 4 to 6 hours. So I have to ssh into it and tell it to reboot.
            >
            > Duffy
            > www.wb8nut.com
            >
            > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Kerry McKenzie <kermck@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings from Oz
            > > back in the old days of dos we used simple timers to bring back locked
            > > gear in remote locations with a power reboot every 24 hours.
            > > This will give you a temporary fix until you can find a solution or if
            > > it works reliably keep it working.I have a sneaking feeling that your SD
            > > card has a little bit to do with your problem?
            > > Kerry VK4TUB

          • Beischel
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013