Re: Bare bones WSPR

  • mathisono
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hot shit FM radio works! I bought a computer didn't think i just put another transmitter on the shelf!

      Am i correct in thinking that a TNC could be eliminated, and the Rpi just generate and send its own aprs packet?

      Maybe the first raspberry pi to transmit CW on the Ham radio bands!
      http://youtu.be/50VhnBKLiQc
    • bob_g3wkw
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2013
        I haven't worked out how the modulation is done. WSPR is fine because that is pure FSK but APRS would be AFSK on FM.

        But you can do APRS on a Pi using 'soundmodem' and 'xastir'. I ran it together with bluetooth and my GPS puck, but can't really think why I would want anyone else to know where I am!

        Bob

        G3WKW
      • Mathison Ott
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2013
          APRS works best when you can receive and transmit signals.

          Can anyone confirm/comment on the power output, its got to be low!

          LPF are must I knock out my DTV when transmitting on a 2m jpole!

          Thanks again

          Mathison kj6dzb