Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Problem with Rspbarry

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23 11:24 PM
      one common cause is the power source feeding the Pi board is not (staying) within USB spec of 5.0
      +/- .25 Vdc.

      I have found the Pi will run down to about 4.2Vdc, but the card may get corrupted, and or the Pi may
      halt/hang.

      Note you can use dd to make a backup image of the card using another linux machine. Then you can
      possibly mount 1 or both of the partitions from the image file and possibly recover most of your files.

      -Jim-

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23 11:28 PM
        Please define 'some go quick', ? days, hours, weeks ?

        I've been running for several months, haven't failed a card yet. Sandisk, microSD, class 4..., 16GB

        next will be, class 10 cards for the SPEED.

        -Jim-

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23 11:33 PM
          just because the power supply is named/labeled 5 vdc 2 amps doesn't mean it will actually do it.
          I've found many wall warts cant actually maintain 5 volts when the current draw is above 1/2 amp.
          Best thing is to measure the voltage on the Pi board CAREFULLY.

          Note also that some hubs have a significant voltage drop through them, might be 5.1 going in, but
          only 4.5 coming out.

          It pays to use a good volt meter.

          -Jim-