Re: Announcing TNC-Pi: A Customized Version of TNC-X for Raspberry Pi

  • gw4kjw
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 23, 2013
      Sorry for my tardiness in replying, John.
      QRM caused by work. :-)
      Tried this and you are right. Works fine.

      Cheers.
      Gareth - GW4KJW

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John D. Hays" <john@...> wrote:

      > As long as it sends out standard NMEA sentences, just:
      >
      > apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients
      >
      > Then configure.
      >
      > ------------------------------
      > John D. Hays
      > K7VE
      > PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
      > <http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
      > <http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>

    • Javier Henderson
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 5, 2013
        I don't know if anyone else received a TNCPi kit yet, but mine arrived a few weeks ago (I got lucky and my order was part of the initial batch). I built it right away, but didn't have a chance to sit down and test it until this evening.

        I'm happy to report that the Tx igate I run at home is now on the air using the Raspberry Pi and TNCPi sandwich. I am attaching a photo of the completed assembly.

        I'm running aprx on it, I will submit a how-to to W2FS for consideration to be included in the TNCPi documentation tomorrow.

        So far, so good!

        73,
        -jav k4jh

      • William Liporace - WC2L
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
          Hi John,
          I forget if you are on vacation or just got back! Hope all is well either
          way ;-)

          I know I asked when I purchased the TNCs if they are TNC2 devices that can
          be used for regular packet service. I am guessing that is partially true. It
          is a KISS TNC that can be used for packet. The software has to be written to
          use the TNC as a packet TNC.

          Do I now have a better understanding of the device?
          Is there any software for me to do what I want or does it need to be
          written?

          TNX Will WC2L
        • John Hansen