qMFSK USB SoundCard and Raspberry Pi

  • kb4jhu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
      Need help in figuring out how to setup a USB soundcard modem on the RPI using qMSFK

      I have downloaded qMFSK and have it installed on my Raspberry Pi rev B. I have a problem with it recognizing a USB sound card. The device menu / sound menu / sound card device is set to /dev/dsp as default did not find a sound card and presented a error message with qMFSK is started.

      Error received: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: open: /dev/dsp: No such file or directory

      I did look at the RPi and found: /dev/snd/by-id/usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Headphone_Set-00

      Entered this in to qMFSK under device menu / sound menu / sound card and still get a error: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: ioctl: SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

      I have a USB signallink USB soundcard as well. Looking for a QRP setup that can run digital modes PSK31 and MT63.

      V/R

      -Michael KB4JHU