Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] How to install and run remote desktop to your Rasberry PI

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
      The command your looking for is sudo apt-get install -y tightvncserver

      jj <ve1jot@...> wrote:

      On 13-02-22 11:29 AM, jj wrote:

      On 13-02-22 07:37 AM, Kerry McKenzie wrote:
      > Step Two...
      > from the prompt type the following
      >
      > sudo apt-get update
      >
      > and let it do its thing
      That will as far as I know, only update the package list, you need
      to also tell it to upgrade "sudo apt-get upgrade" to d/l and install
      pkgs up-to-date..

      apt-get man page: "http://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get"....some good stuff to know, hi hi!

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Kerry McKenzie <kermck@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all and great to be on this list.
        > I am a total newby to the Rasberry PI having no linux backround at all
        > and have a working RPI for only 10 days.
        > I now have mine playing Minecraft and I am able to RDP into it from my
        > windows 7 box upstairs
        > Ok here what I eventually found what to do

        OR:

        Use the customised image here:
        http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/Cpi/

        It is all done, with a couple of VNC servers (one for root, one for pi), SSH server, FTP server and Web server.

        It was a project for a colleague at school and I've made it available to the R Pi community. VK4TUX kindly offered to host it.

        73

        Brian
        G8OSN