Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: PI and DVDongle and Radio reference

  • Mathison Ott
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
      Darkice is the way to do it.

      I stopped my efforts to send my scanner audio, when i read there T.O.S. I monitor tactical Ch.

      73

      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM, kb9mwr <kb9mwr@...> wrote:

      Look into dark ice to stream to radio reference. Looks do able.

      http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Live_Audio/Ubuntu_Darkice

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10263

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts wrote:

      > Yes, it can be done using Jonathan's Dummy Repeater module, a DV-Dongle and USB sound card. My personal preference would be to do it in a manner that didn't require a second computer to handle the audio stream to Radioreference.
      > Matthew Pitts
      > N8OHU
      >
      > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Francis
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
        Mike,

        What did you use to get the DVDONGLE to work on the PI? What Linux distro? Raspian HF? I don't see a dummy repeater module, for the PI?

        Fran, W1FJM

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Mike Heitmann <n0so@...> wrote:

        > I've used a DV Dongle with a USB headset and the dummyrepeater program on a
        > Raspberry Pi. It worked.
        >
        > Well, sort of. I had issues with the USB headset, but I believe a recent
        > Raspberry Pi firmware update may have fixed that, I just haven't gotten around
        > to trying it again yet. It's on my 'round to-it list of things to do.
        >
        > I don't know about the radio reference part, I've never messed that, but it
        > sounds interesting.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Mike Heitmann
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
          Hi Fran,

          I've not had a chance to try it again yet.

          Adrian, VK4TUX sent me file to try, it's on my list for the weekend. I'll let you know how that turns out.

          Mike, N0SO

          On Apr 19, 2013, at 12:58 PM, "Francis" <fran@...> wrote:

          Mike,

          What did you use to get the DVDONGLE to work on the PI? What Linux distro? Raspian HF? I don't see a dummy repeater module, for the PI?

          Fran, W1FJM

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Mike Heitmann <n0so@...> wrote:

          > I've used a DV Dongle with a USB headset and the dummyrepeater program on a
          > Raspberry Pi. It worked.
          >
          > Well, sort of. I had issues with the USB headset, but I believe a recent
          > Raspberry Pi firmware update may have fixed that, I just haven't gotten around
          > to trying it again yet. It's on my 'round to-it list of things to do.
          >
          > I don't know about the radio reference part, I've never messed that, but it
          > sounds interesting.

        • Fran Miele
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 20, 2013
            I worked with Adrian all week trying to get mine to work before he had the file. In the end my system crashed ad messed up the SD card. His setup uses the DCS Client. The best I can tell you can only connect to DCS gateways with it. NOT what I want to do so I have stopped working on it.

            --Fran